Join us & become a Member!
If you’re interested in the Combined Charging System and you are willing to contribute to its ongoing development, we’d love you to join us! We’re always looking for new members to facilitate and accelerate the adoption of the CCS standards in Europe and beyond. In this section, you’ll find plenty of information about the benefits of membership, the member categories, and the application process.
Here’s an overview of just some of the advantages that await you when you become a member of the CharIN association.
- Receive interoperability information direct from the source
- Share information with global members on technology, marketing and other topics
- Participate in support of international CCS system standards
- Build more innovative products with no technical limits to the system standard
- Help define requirements for the charging standards of the future
- Benefit from close collaboration between all members on CCS standard specifications
- Share information and communications openly – CharIN is not a closed shop
- Help accelerate worldwide adoption of the CCS standard
- Benefit from targeted, market-oriented marketing strategies developed as a team
- Support the development of cooperation and partnership strategies
- Increase visibility with coordinated event management, e.g. joint fairs
CharIN was founded by Audi, BMW, Daimler, Mennekes, Opel, Phoenix Contact, Porsche, TÜV SÜD and Volkswagen. And we’re encouraging companies with an interest in electric vehicle charging – such as power utilities and charging equipment manufacturers as well as carmakers – to join us. We all have an interest in boosting the adoption of the Combined Charging System standard!
Documents concerning the Association (incl. Membership)
These are translations for your convenience and not legally binding. The legally binding documents are the German versions “Satzung des Charging Interface Initiative e. V.” (*) and “Beitragsordnung des Charging Interface Initiative e. V.” (**).
CharIN presentation at the Forum MobiliTec at the Hannover Messe
André Kaufung, Managing Director of the CharIN e.V. will present the association with its goals and activities at the Forum MobiliTec on Wednesday, April 26th with the title “CharIN – the path to a global charging standard”.
6th International CCS & ISO/IEC 15118 Testing Symposium in June in France
The 6th International CCS & ISO/IEC 15118 Testing Symposium will take place on 22nd – 23rd of June 2017. The event will be hosted by VEDECOM in Versailles, France.
First CharIN Focus Group Week took place in Berlin
“Highly relevant topics and a good overall organization”: Excellent feedback from the CharIN members!