Join us & become a Member!
If you’re interested in the Combined Charging System and you are willing to contribute to its ongoing development, we’d love you to join us! We’re always looking for new members to facilitate and accelerate the adoption of the CCS standards throughout the world. In this section, you’ll find plenty of information about the benefits of membership, the member categories, and the application process.
Here’s an overview of just some of the advantages that await you when you become a member of the CharIN association.
- Receive interoperability information direct from the source
- Share information with global members on technology, marketing and other topics
- Participate in support of international CCS system standards
- Build more innovative products with no technical limits to the system standard
- Help define requirements for the charging standards of the future
- Benefit from close collaboration between all members on CCS standard specifications
- Share information and communications openly – CharIN is not a closed shop
- Help accelerate worldwide adoption of the CCS standard
- Benefit from targeted, market-oriented marketing strategies developed as a team
- Support the development of cooperation and partnership strategies
- Increase visibility with coordinated event management, e.g. joint fairs
CharIN was founded by Audi, BMW, Daimler, Mennekes, Opel, Phoenix Contact, Porsche, TÜV SÜD and Volkswagen. And we’re encouraging companies with an interest in electric vehicle charging – such as power utilities and charging equipment manufacturers as well as carmakers – to join us. We all have an interest in boosting the adoption of the Combined Charging System standard!
Documents concerning the Association (incl. Membership)
These are translations for your convenience and not legally binding. The legally binding documents are the German versions “Satzung des Charging Interface Initiative e. V.” (*) and “Beitragsordnung des Charging Interface Initiative e. V.” (**).
Great interest from the EV community in CCS at the ISO/IEC 15118 Testing Symposium in Versailles
The 6th International CCS & ISO/IEC 15118 Testing Symposium hosted by the CharIN member VEDECOM brought together more than 200 participants from 85 companies from the smart charging community including many CharIN members; it was the biggest event so far in the series of Testing Symposia since its...
CharIN recommendation: A harmonized connector approach per geographical region facilitates EV market uptake
CharIN is dedicated to support and establish the Combined Charging System (CCS) as the standard for charging Battery Electric Vehicles (EVs) of all kinds. As there are different CCS connector types used in the different regions of the world, CharIN recommends a harmonized CCS connector approach per...
Eine starke Verbindung - KOSTAL wird Core-Mitglied in der Charging Interface Initiative CharIN e.V.
KOSTAL, einer der größten Automobilzulieferer, Weltmarkt- und Innovationsführer in vielen Bereichen der automobilen Mechatronik, wird Mitglied bei CharIN e.V. und unterstützt damit die Initiative zur Einführung eines globalen Standards für Ladesysteme von Elektrofahrzeugen.