Join us & become a Member!
If you’re interested in the Combined Charging System and you are willing to contribute to its ongoing development, we’d love you to join us! We’re always looking for new members to facilitate and accelerate the adoption of the CCS standards in Europe and beyond. In this section, you’ll find plenty of information about the benefits of membership, the member categories, and the application process.
Here’s an overview of just some of the advantages that await you when you become a member of the CharIN association.
- Receive interoperability information direct from the source
- Share information with global members on technology, marketing and other topics
- Participate in support of international CCS system standards
- Build more innovative products with no technical limits to the system standard
- Help define requirements for the charging standards of the future
- Benefit from close collaboration between all members on CCS standard specifications
- Share information and communications openly – CharIN is not a closed shop
- Help accelerate worldwide adoption of the CCS standard
- Benefit from targeted, market-oriented marketing strategies developed as a team
- Support the development of cooperation and partnership strategies
- Increase visibility with coordinated event management, e.g. joint fairs
CharIN was founded by Audi, BMW, Daimler, Mennekes, Opel, Phoenix Contact, Porsche, TÜV SÜD and Volkswagen. And we’re encouraging companies with an interest in electric vehicle charging – such as power utilities and charging equipment manufacturers as well as carmakers – to join us. We all have an interest in boosting the adoption of the Combined Charging System standard!
Documents concerning the Association (incl. Membership)
These are translations for your convenience and not legally binding. The legally binding documents are the German versions “Satzung des Charging Interface Initiative e. V.” (*) and “Beitragsordnung des Charging Interface Initiative e. V.” (**).
Toyota Motor Europe joins CharIN e.V.
Ever since its foundation in 1937, Toyota has sought to contribute to a more prosperous society through its commitment to quality, constant innovation and respect for the planet.
Today, Toyota manufactures a diverse line-up of vehicles all over the globe.
CharIN member Vector Informatik GmbH organizes 4th Vector E-Mobility Engineering Day on April 27th
Don’t miss the annual event with engaging presentations in the new head office of Vector Informatik in Stuttgart!
ROHM becomes a member of CharIN to contribute to high power charging system with SiC technology
Willich-Münchheide/Germany, – Feb. 22, 2017 - ROHM becomes a regular member of the CharIN (Charging Interface Initiative) , an association to develop and establish the Combined Charging System (CCS) as the standard for charging battery-powered electric vehicles of all kinds.