Join us & become a Member!
If you’re interested in the Combined Charging System and you are willing to contribute to its ongoing development, we’d love you to join us! We’re always looking for new members to facilitate and accelerate the adoption of the CCS standards throughout the world. In this section, you’ll find plenty of information about the benefits of membership, the member categories, and the application process.
Here’s an overview of just some of the advantages that await you when you become a member of the CharIN association.
- Receive interoperability information direct from the source
- Share information with global members on technology, marketing and other topics
- Participate in support of international CCS system standards
- Build more innovative products with no technical limits to the system standard
- Help define requirements for the charging standards of the future
- Benefit from close collaboration between all members on CCS standard specifications
- Share information and communications openly – CharIN is not a closed shop
- Help accelerate worldwide adoption of the CCS standard
- Benefit from targeted, market-oriented marketing strategies developed as a team
- Support the development of cooperation and partnership strategies
- Increase visibility with coordinated event management, e.g. joint fairs
CharIN was founded by Audi, BMW, Daimler, Mennekes, Opel, Phoenix Contact, Porsche, TÜV SÜD and Volkswagen. And we’re encouraging companies with an interest in electric vehicle charging – such as power utilities and charging equipment manufacturers as well as carmakers – to join us. We all have an interest in boosting the adoption of the Combined Charging System standard!
Documents concerning the Association (incl. Membership)
These are translations for your convenience and not legally binding. The legally binding documents are the German versions “Satzung des Charging Interface Initiative e. V.” (*) and “Beitragsordnung des Charging Interface Initiative e. V.” (**).
Schaltbau joins the Charging Interface Initiative e.V.
Schaltbau offers rapid charging systems from 50 to 500 kW as standard, but can supply customised units of up to 2 MW. Schaltbau fully supports the establishment of the Combined Charging System (CCS) as the harmonized charging standard for electric vehicles.
ZIV joins CharIN e. V. to contribute with its knowledge of the electricity grid to develop interoperable solutions.
CharIN e. V. is happy to announce that ZIV has been granted regular membership in the association. ZIV aims to contribute with its experience in collaborative work to the development of standards for Charging infrastructure / Charging communications to ease deployment of Electric Vehicles
Karma Automotive joins the CharIN e.V.
Karma Automotive is a U.S. manufacturer of luxury plug-in hybrid vehicles. Unapologetically conspicuous in their beauty. Uncommonly light in their footprint. Designed, engineered, and assembled In Southern California.