Join us & become a Member!
If you’re interested in the Combined Charging System and you are willing to contribute to its ongoing development, we’d love you to join us! We’re always looking for new members to facilitate and accelerate the adoption of the CCS standards throughout the world. In this section, you’ll find plenty of information about the benefits of membership, the member categories, and the application process.
Here’s an overview of just some of the advantages that await you when you become a member of the CharIN association.
- Receive interoperability information direct from the source
- Share information with global members on technology, marketing and other topics
- Participate in support of international CCS system standards
- Build more innovative products with no technical limits to the system standard
- Help define requirements for the charging standards of the future
- Benefit from close collaboration between all members on CCS standard specifications
- Share information and communications openly – CharIN is not a closed shop
- Help accelerate worldwide adoption of the CCS standard
- Benefit from targeted, market-oriented marketing strategies developed as a team
- Support the development of cooperation and partnership strategies
- Increase visibility with coordinated event management, e.g. joint fairs
CharIN was founded by Audi, BMW, Daimler, Mennekes, Opel, Phoenix Contact, Porsche, TÜV SÜD and Volkswagen. And we’re encouraging companies with an interest in electric vehicle charging – such as power utilities and charging equipment manufacturers as well as carmakers – to join us. We all have an interest in boosting the adoption of the Combined Charging System standard!
Documents concerning the Association (incl. Membership)
These are translations for your convenience and not legally binding. The legally binding documents are the German versions “Satzung des Charging Interface Initiative e. V.” (*) and “Beitragsordnung des Charging Interface Initiative e. V.” (**).
CharIN sponsored EVuff seminar in Korea
Under the title “Work it out” the EVuff seminar took place on July 17th – 18th in Sejong, Korea. CharIN sponsored the event and participated by its Korean representative Joey Ahn.
CharIN members Allego and Shell cooperate to install fast charging station in the Netherlands and the UK
To install fast charging stations for electric vehicles within the Netherlands and the United Kingdom the two CharIN members Allego and Shell decided to cooperate.
CharIN on NXP FTF Connects Silicon Valley: Collaborate to Win in Auto
Hundreds of attendees from auto OEMs, tier ones and high-tech companies joined us to collaborate on the radical transformations ahead in the auto industry at NXP FTF Connects in Silicon Valley on 21-22 June. Dozens of technical sessions, inspiring demos on the road, including the CharIN Life...