Join us & become a Member!
If you’re interested in the Combined Charging System and you are willing to contribute to its ongoing development, we’d love you to join us! We’re always looking for new members to facilitate and accelerate the adoption of the CCS standards in Europe and beyond. In this section, you’ll find plenty of information about the benefits of membership, the member categories, and the application process.
Here’s an overview of just some of the advantages that await you when you become a member of the CharIN association.
- Receive interoperability information direct from the source
- Share information with global members on technology, marketing and other topics
- Participate in support of international CCS system standards
- Build more innovative products with no technical limits to the system standard
- Help define requirements for the charging standards of the future
- Benefit from close collaboration between all members on CCS standard specifications
- Share information and communications openly – CharIN is not a closed shop
- Help accelerate worldwide adoption of the CCS standard
- Benefit from targeted, market-oriented marketing strategies developed as a team
- Support the development of cooperation and partnership strategies
- Increase visibility with coordinated event management, e.g. joint fairs
CharIN was founded by Audi, BMW, Daimler, Mennekes, Opel, Phoenix Contact, Porsche, TÜV SÜD and Volkswagen. And we’re encouraging companies with an interest in electric vehicle charging – such as power utilities and charging equipment manufacturers as well as carmakers – to join us. We all have an interest in boosting the adoption of the Combined Charging System standard!
Documents concerning the Association (incl. Membership)
These are translations for your convenience and not legally binding. The legally binding documents are the German versions “Satzung des Charging Interface Initiative e. V.” (*) and “Beitragsordnung des Charging Interface Initiative e. V.” (**).
Charging Infrastructure: Flexibility is Key
The Charging Initiative e.V. (CharIN) has published an industry statement explaining the requirements for future charging infrastructure.
Save-the-date: 6th International ISO/IEC 15118 Interoperability and Conformance Testing Symposium takes place on June 22 - 23 in France
The 6th International ISO/IEC 15118 Interoperability and Conformance Testing Symposium takes place on June 22nd - 23rd 2017 in Versailles, France. CharIN e.V. supports this event.
EEVC 2017 with CharIN
The CharIN e.V. supports the broad program of the Battery, Hybrid & Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle Congress from March 14th - 16th in Geneva. Chairman Claas Bracklo will present the CharIN e.V. in the infrastructure session "Where do we stand" on March 14th at 4:30 pm.