Mission & Purpose
The Charging Interface Initiative e. V. - abbreviated to CharIN e. V. - is a registered association founded by Audi, BMW, Daimler, Mennekes, Opel, Phoenix Contact, Porsche, TÜV SÜD and Volkswagen. Based in Berlin, it is open to all interested parties.
The three primary aims are:
- To develop and establish the Combined Charging System (CCS) as the standard for charging battery-powered electric vehicles of all kinds
- To draw up requirements for the evolution of charging-related standards and develop a certification system for use by manufacturers implementing the CCS in their products
- To promote the CCS standard worldwide
CharIN e. V. comprises three bodies:
- The General Assembly of all members, divided into Core Members and Regular Members (please refer to the Membership Categories section for further information)
- The Board, consisting of at least two people
- The Steering Committee, comprising the board members and 5-15 additional members
Different working member groups comprised of experts contribute to the success of the association.
It’s important to note that the CharIN association is not a closed shop. Documentation concerning the architecture, standards and technology behind the CCS is openly available – there’s no need to become a member if you simply wish to review the relevant technical information.
Having said that, the Charging Interface Initiative association is already growing and warmly welcomes new members! Please see the Membership section for more information. We believe the initiative is of particular interest to the automotive, charging equipment, power supply infrastructure operation and related industries, as well as to relevant administrative bodies and non-profit organisations.
Declaration Antitrust Compliancy
The purpose of the CharIn association is the worldwide promotion and support of the Combined Charging System. In this connection the limits drawn by antitrust laws are to be observed by all members.
Charging Infrastructure: Flexibility is Key
The Charging Initiative e.V. (CharIN) has published an industry statement explaining the requirements for future charging infrastructure.
Save-the-date: 6th International ISO/IEC 15118 Interoperability and Conformance Testing Symposium takes place on June 22 - 23 in France
The 6th International ISO/IEC 15118 Interoperability and Conformance Testing Symposium takes place on June 22nd - 23rd 2017 in Versailles, France. CharIN e.V. supports this event.
EEVC 2017 with CharIN
The CharIN e.V. supports the broad program of the Battery, Hybrid & Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle Congress from March 14th - 16th in Geneva. Chairman Claas Bracklo will present the CharIN e.V. in the infrastructure session "Where do we stand" on March 14th at 4:30 pm.