Mission & Purpose
The Charging Interface Initiative e. V. - abbreviated to CharIN e. V. - is a registered association founded by Audi, BMW, Daimler, Mennekes, Opel, Phoenix Contact, Porsche, TÜV SÜD and Volkswagen. Based in Berlin, it is open to all interested parties.
The three primary aims are:
- To develop and establish the Combined Charging System (CCS) as the standard for charging battery-powered electric vehicles of all kinds
- To draw up requirements for the evolution of charging-related standards and develop a certification system for use by manufacturers implementing the CCS in their products
- To promote the CCS standard worldwide
CharIN e. V. comprises three bodies:
- The General Assembly of all members, divided into Core Members and Regular Members (please refer to the Membership Categories section for further information)
- The Board, consisting of at least two people
- The Steering Committee, comprising the board members and 5-15 additional members
Different working member groups comprised of experts contribute to the success of the association.
It’s important to note that the CharIN association is not a closed shop. Documentation concerning the architecture, standards and technology behind the CCS is openly available – there’s no need to become a member if you simply wish to review the relevant technical information.
Having said that, the Charging Interface Initiative association is already growing and warmly welcomes new members! Please see the Membership section for more information. We believe the initiative is of particular interest to the automotive, charging equipment, power supply infrastructure operation and related industries, as well as to relevant administrative bodies and non-profit organisations.
Declaration Antitrust Compliancy
The purpose of the CharIn association is the worldwide promotion and support of the Combined Charging System. In this connection the limits drawn by antitrust laws are to be observed by all members.
CharIN presentation at the Forum MobiliTec at the Hannover Messe
André Kaufung, Managing Director of the CharIN e.V. will present the association with its goals and activities at the Forum MobiliTec on Wednesday, April 26th with the title “CharIN – the path to a global charging standard”.
6th International CCS & ISO/IEC 15118 Testing Symposium in June in France
The 6th International CCS & ISO/IEC 15118 Testing Symposium will take place on 22nd – 23rd of June 2017. The event will be hosted by VEDECOM in Versailles, France.
First CharIN Focus Group Week took place in Berlin
“Highly relevant topics and a good overall organization”: Excellent feedback from the CharIN members!